Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I Trust You To Kill Me

http://www.myspace.com/heavenhelps

The soul is a newly skinned hide, bloodu and gross.


Work on it with manual discipline, and the bitter tanning acid of grief.


You'll become lovely and very strong.


If you can't do this work yourself, don't worry.


You don't have to make a decision, one way or another.


The Friend, who know a lot more than you do, will bring difficulties and grief and sickness, as medicine, as happiness, as the moment when you're beaten, when you hear Checkmate, and can finally say with Hallaj's voice, I trust you to kill me.


~Rumi

What I take away from this post is very meaningful to me. It shows me that what we do not work through within ourselves will be brought to us through difficulties of the heart. Through people we enjoyed, trusted, loved, cared for, bonded with, and felt connected to.


I am not saying they are bad, wrong, mean, or even dysfunctional what I am saying is through the bond and love we share with others as brief as one moment in time to the extent of many lifetimes these people bring to us what it is we need to face within.


What we can not see inside us will be brought to us in the reflecting eyes of others. It is how we chose to deal with these people to decide if our lessons will be learned or not. We can chose to label them, think them evil, shun them off never to speak to again, or we can chose to realize they were merely catalysts to reach a part of ourselves we would never have know or grown through if we had never encountered them.


These people are our perfect reflections. No matter how much we despise something in them or that they have done it clearly openly reflects something in you that you are not consciously aware of.


It is painful....it kills. But would you want it any other way? For without these people in our lives no matter how harsh the pain we would not be who we are. We would not grow. We would remain the same forever trapped in sleep. Friends awaken us. Love ones awaken us. Enemies awaken us. They reflect us and we wake up.


So in that sense dear friend please stab me again for it makes me stronger and only love you more! I trust you to kill me.


~Heaven

No comments: